The Village of Wheeling is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free work environment.
NOTE: Next Firefighter/Paramedic Examination - Summer 2023
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 4:00PM
• $35.00 non-refundable application fee
• Minimum Age: 21 (as of the date of written examination)
• Maximum Age: 35 (as of the date of written examination)
• United States Citizen (native-born or naturalized at time of appointment)
• High School Graduate (or GED)
• Physically capable of performing the duties of a Firefighter/Paramedic
• Visual acuity: 20/30 or corrected to 20/30 in each eye; must have color vision
• Must possess valid CPAT/Ladder Climb card at time of application and at time of
appointment. Card is considered valid if issued 12 months prior to taking the written exam
• Must be legally eligible to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Illinois and must
possess a valid Illinois Driver’s license at the time of hire
As vacancies occur, candidates are drawn from the eligibility list for:
- Medical Examination (Includes Drug Abuse Testing).
- Oral Examination (Formal Interview with the Board of Fire & Police Commissioners).
- Polygraph Examination;
- Psychological Examination.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Driving Record Check.
Any questions about location or application process should be directed to IO Solutions directly at:
(800)-343-HIRE or email: email@example.com