A Small Wireless Facilities Permit is required for any small cell infrastructure installation work on private property and/or in the right-of-way.
- Please submit the following items to EngPermits@wheelingil.gov:
- Completed Small Wireless Facilities Permit
- Structural evaluation report for each location
- Location work map or drawings
- Work performed in the IDOT, Cook or Lake County or other municipality ROW must have a copy of the issued permit from those jurisdictions
- If requested, Village staff will provide the Village GIS utility atlas for the work area.
- Each job site must be submitted as a separate permit.
- An agreement between the Village and the wireless provider must be in place before permit issuance.
- Small cell antenna installation shall comply with design standards linked above.
- Permit fee schedule is noted on the permit application.
Provided by the Contractor
- $10,000 Surety Bond
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- An annual $25.00 registration fee
All questions should be directed to EngPermits@wheelingil.gov