Posted on: August 21, 2016

New Real Estate Transfer Procedure

Anyone who sells or transfers real estate must present the original deed at the Finance Department counter for a Real Estate Transfer Stamp to be issued. All water, sewer, garbage fees and penalties related thereto must be paid in full before a Real Estate Transfer Stamp is issued onto the original deed. The requirement to obtain a real estate transfer stamp applies to all property owners in Wheeling including condominium owners who pay for water, sewer and garbage service indirectly through their monthly assessments. Note: This requirement also applies to re-finance, quit claim deeds, and transfer of ownership to a trust. (Section 15.10 of the Wheeling Municipal Code)

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home


Happy Holidays !

Posted on: December 7, 2017
WTC Image for Web News.jpg

Wheeling Town Center

Posted on: October 24, 2016

Before You Fly Your Drone

Posted on: August 2, 2017

ComEd Smart Meters

Posted on: August 21, 2016

Wheeling Board Approves Strategic Plan

Posted on: August 21, 2016