Board of Trustees
- 6:30 p.m.
- Regular meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month.
- The Committee of the Whole of the President and Board of Trustees of the Village of Wheeling may meet as needed and as determined by the Village Board and/or the Village Manager.
- Board meetings are held in the Village Hall building located at 2 Community Boulevard (Board Room on the 2nd floor), located just west of the Police Station. Please check the agenda for more information.
- Meetings can be viewed live on a desktop computer, Live Broadcast page. Previous televised meetings are available on our YouTube channel. , Android devices and or on our
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Mary Krueger (term 2021-2025)
- Ray Lang (term 2023-2027)
- Mary Papantos (term 2021-2025)
- Jim Ruffatto (term 2021-2025)
- Joe Vito (term 2023-2027)
- David Vogel (term 2023-2027)
The Wheeling Board of Trustees is the legislative branch of Village Government which creates all Village policy administered by the Village Manager. The Board of Trustees, along with the Village President, serve as the corporate authorities. Three Trustees are elected by the citizens of Wheeling every two years for four year terms. Board members’ terms commence on the first Monday in May following their election.
As corporate authorities, the Board of Trustees possesses and exercises all legislative powers of the Village, determining the policies of the Village government through the adoption or approval of ordinances, resolutions, motions, approval of agreements, appropriations and fiscal budgets. The corporate authorities appoint, direct and, if necessary, remove the Village Manager. The corporate authorities control the administrative function of the Village through the Village Manager and require effective administrative action at all times. Appointments to advisory Boards and Commissions are made by the Village President with the advice and consent of the Board of Trustees. Additionally the Board of Trustees exercises responsible leadership by:
- Critically examining and regularly reviewing Village policies, programs, and operations
- Assuming the role of community opinion leaders
- Generating public support for Village programs and services