In addition to the testing process
, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
Age & Citizenship:
- Minimum of 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age as of the date of the written examination (per State of Illinois Statute). Proof of age is required at time of application.
- United States citizen (per State of Illinois Statute). Proof of citizenship required at time of appointment.
- 20/30 or corrected to 20/30 in each eye.
- Binocular vision with normal depth perception.
- No pathological conditions that currently impairs or will impair vision.
- Peripheral vision in the horizontal meridian of more than 100 degrees in both eyes.
- Red, yellow, and green color vision.
- Sufficient peripheral vision to have obtained or be able to obtain a State of Illinois motor vehicle driver's license.