Right-of-Way / Utility Permit

A Right-of-Way/Utility Permit is required for any utility work on private property and/or in the right-of-way.

Required Items

  • Please submit the following items to EngPermits@wheelingil.gov:
  • Completed Right-of-Way/Utility Permit 
  • Location work map or drawing
  • Work performed in the IDOT, Cook or Lake County ROW must have a copy of the issued permit from those jurisdictions 


  • If requested, Village staff will provide the Village GIS utility atlas for the work area
  • Each jobsite must be submitted as a separate permit.  (eg: One long run down Hintz Road would be one jobsite)

Provided by the Contractor 

  • $10,000 Surety Bond
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance
  • Workers' Compensation Insurance
  • An annual $25.00 registration fee
All questions should be directed to EngPermits@wheelingil.gov.