In partnership with Jewel/Osco and the member communities of JEMS (the Northwest Suburban Illinois Joint Emergency Management System), Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Mount Prospect, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, Streamwood, and Wheeling are happy to announce a second mass vaccination event! JEMS has secured doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for residents of these communities ages 16 and up. The first dose will be given Thursday, May 6, with the second dose to be given Thursday, May 27. Those who register for this event must be available on both dates. Those ages 16 and 17 must bring a consent form signed by their parent or guardian. The parent or guardian does not need to be present for the vaccination.
Registrations can be completed at the following link: https://kordinator.mhealthcoach.net/vcl/1619281122537
Those 18 years and up must bring the following:
• Completed consent form (available on the website above).
• Photocopy of a valid ID that shows a date of birth (Driver’s License, State ID card, or passport).
• Photocopy of medical/prescription insurance card, if applicable.(Medical/prescription insurance coverage is NOT a requirement to be eligible for an appointment, but if you do have this coverage, please bring a copy.)
Those who are 16 and 17 years old must bring the following:
• Completed consent form signed by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian does not need to be present for the vaccination.
• Photocopy of valid ID. (Driver’s License, State ID card, passport, or birth certificate with student ID)
All Illinois residents 16+ can receive the vaccine, regardless of insurance coverage or immigration status, including individuals who are undocumented.
Please wear a short-sleeved shirt or other clothing that will allow easy access to the upper arm for the vaccination, as no private changing areas will be available.
There will be signs and volunteers at the Schaumburg Convention Center directing people where to park and enter the facility for their vaccination appointment.
Participants’ second appointment on May 27 will be scheduled at the same time as the May 6 appointment; however, there may be some flexibility to move the appointment time on this date, if necessary.