- Birthplace: Chicago, IL.
I've lived in Wheeling since: 1977
Family: Married to Rose, a lifelong resident of Wheeling, Children Jim (Danielle), Mike (Kara), Katy (Rob) and Emily (Zach). Ten Grandchildren (nine boys and one girl)
- Education: Holy Cross HS (now Guerin Prep) River Grove, Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Northern Illinois University
Occupation: I am now retired, but worked in Information Technology for over 40 years in various technical and management positions for A.C Nielsen, Trans Union and retiring from AT&T in 2018.
Hobbies & Interests: We like to travel domestically and internationally, putter around the yard and now some golf.
Previously held offices/appointments: I was a member of the Plan Commission for 15 years, the last 10 serving as the chairman.
- The most important thing to me about being an elected official: Be part of the team to continue the great progress we have made in the village. To always consider what is in the best interest of our residents and village.
- My favorite place in Wheeling is: I really like to sit on the front porch of our house and talk to all of our neighbors. Someone just said to me that they knew spring/summer was here because Jim & Rose were sitting on their porch. I am really going to like Wheeling town Center because of the entertainment and restaurants.
- I belong to: St. Mary Parish, but prior to that was very active at St. Joseph the Worker, serving on the parish School Board and many functions for Familyfest and other fundraising/capital campaigns.
- In the next 10 years, I see Wheeling changing in the following ways: Wheeling Town Center is going to influence more development to the west, especially the Station Area Plan.
- Person who has influenced me throughout my life: My parents in that they both stressed education, sharing and giving.